Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cartoon #1

The cartoon I chose shows President Obama as a turkey with a bubble saying "he wants me to take a bow" also in the picture was a Chinese man dressed up like a pilgram with an axe behind is back that says "U.S. Debt". This cartoons is talking about the huge debt that the U.S. currently owe China and how if we don't start playing it off we may end up having a problem. China is currently supplying us with money which in turn increases our debt to them. It could be life changing depending how this situation turns out

http://www.politicalcartoons.com/cartoon/c1e93aab-82e9-4ac5-9137-a00526e62598.html

3 comments:

  1. I thought this political cartoon was interesting. I don't have any experience with interpreting political cartoons but I thought this one made the U.S. debt more humorous. I think making Obama the turkey and having a pilgrim as China was a light-hearted way to explain the U.S.'s debt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cartoon is a warning to the U.S. that we are slowly getting ourselves into a bigger problem with China. Since it is around Thanksgiving it is sad to think that even on this thankful holiday, we are still in major debt. Showing the United States as a turkey and China as a pilgrim, it's making a comparison that the pilgrim will eventually eat the turkey. We need to do something so we can get out of this debt and not be under China's control and have to "bow" to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across this cartoon and thought it was very funny. I also thought this cartoon did a good job displaying how our debt to China affects our relationship with them. I interpreted the cartoon as saying that we should be thankful that China is helping us out so much.

    ReplyDelete