The Virginia Governors Race is very close as we continue to get closer to the election. As of right now Republican Bob McDonnell has a slight lead over Democrat Creigh Deeds. The main debates have been over transportation, raise taxes, and many different soical issues that are going on in virginia currently. Both candidates have talked about raising teacher salaries. They would also like to increase spending on education. This is a very close race at this point in time it may be to close to call, but I think that Bob McDonnell will pull it out in the end.
http://www.newamerica.net/blog/early-ed-watch/2009/no-clear-victory-early-education-virginia-governor-s-race-15525
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wanted to comment on the virginia governor's race because I am not politically aware and didn't even know a race was in place right now. When I read this I am wondering what more of the two candidates views and what they each seperately support and how that differs from each. I want to know what virginia governors position even requires them to do.
ReplyDelete